ASP.NET PDF Annotation Viewer Control
How to comment, markup, drawing on PDF file online using ASP.NET MVC C# api
Complete c# .net how to guide for annotation, commenting, drawing on PDF file using ASP.NET pdf viewer annotation api.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to add the following markup items to a PDF file in asp.net web application.
- Annotations: sticky note, text comment, ...
- Shapes: line, arrow, ...
- File attachement
How to comment PDF file in EdgePDF asp.net web app
- Best C#.NET HTML5 PDF Viewer library as well as an advanced PDF annotating software for ASP.NET
- Customized sticky note can be added to PDF document by using HTML5 PDF Viewer library for C#.NET
- An advanced PDF annotating & drawing tool compatible with all Windows systems and supports .NET Framework 2.0 & above versions
- Support ASP.NET MVC, IIS, ASP.NET Ajax, Azure cloud service, DNN (DotNetNuke) and SharePoint
- An convenient online C#.NET web forms annotation control able to highlight PDF text in ASP.NET webpage
- Able to underline PDF text with straight line
- Support to strikethrough text on PDF page
- Support to insert note annotation to replace PDF text
- Ability to insert a text note after selected text
- Allow users to draw freehand shapes on PDF page
- Allow to draw varieties of graph annotations on PDF document, such as straight line, connected lines, arrow, oval, rectangle and polygon
- Users can set graph annotation properties, such as line thickness, color and transparency
In ASP.NET, how to use annotation and drawing markup tools to add comments in PDF documents
Add comments to PDF files with highlights, sticky notes, a freehand drawing tool, and mark-up tools.
Annotations and drawing markup tools overview
You use annotation and drawing markup tools to add comments.
Comments are notes and drawings that communicate ideas or provide feedback for PDFs.
You can type a text message using the Sticky Note tool.
Alternatively, you can use a drawing tool to add a line, circle, or other shape.
Add a sticky note
The most common type of comment is the sticky note. A sticky note has a note icon that appears on the page and a pop-up note for your text message.
You can add a sticky note anywhere on the PDF page.
Select the Sticky Note tool in the Comment toolbar, and click where you want to place the note in the pdf document.
Type text in the pop-up note.
Add a text comment
Use the Add Text Comment tool to type text anywhere on the PDF page. The Add Text Comment tool is similar to the Add Text Box tool.
Choose the Add Text Comment tool from the Comment toolbar.
- Click on the page to place the cursor
- To change the text formatting, right-click the Text comment, click the menu "Properties..." from the popup menu.
Add a line, arrow, or shape
- The Rectangle tool, the Oval tool, the Arrow tool, the Measuring tool and the Line tool allow you to create simple shapes.
- The Polygon tool create closed shapes with multiple segments.
- The Pencil tool creates free-form drawings
Add comments in a file attachment
Use the Attachment tool to embed a file at a selected location in a PDF, so that the reader can open it for viewing.
Stamp a document
You apply a stamp to a PDF in much the same way you apply a rubber stamp to a paper document. You can choose from a list of predefined stamps, or you can create your own stamps.